Allergy Relief: an HVAC Remedy?
Studies show that one of the most common causes of allergies and asthma is related to indoor air quality...the quality of the air inside your home.
In fact, one of the most strongly allergenic materials found in the air you breathe when you're inside is common house dust.
You may not realize it but house dust can be heavily contaminated with dust mite fecal pellets and cast skins. About 40,000 dust mites can thrive in just one ounce of dust. That means even the cleanest house probably has plenty of these allergy-causing microscopic critters. Yuck.
Plus, it's estimated that dust mites factor into 50 to 80 percent of asthmatics, as well as countless cases of eczema, hay fever and other allergy-related ailments.
Before you or someone in your family starts taking allergy shots, read Don Wood's story and try a shot-free "whole house" approach to controlling the source of the problem.
The Story of Don Wood
Don Wood suffers from cystic fibrosis, a pulmonary disease. Coupled with acute asthma, he was literally breathless for years. His condition was so severe that he was forced to enter the hospital on a regular basis just to keep going. When he learned from his heating and air conditioning contractor that improving the air in his home might help his condition, he took action. Wood had the ductwork in his home thoroughly cleaned and he installed a HEPA filter. Here's Don's story...
"Before having my ducts cleaned and the installation of the HEPA filter, I had to be hospitalized regularly. Within 24 hours of entering the hospital, I always began to breathe more easily. And when I returned to my home, I would become ill again. It has been eight months since I installed this equipment and I haven't been back to the hospital once! I've got "hospital quality air" in my home! Not only do I have overall improved health, but I also sleep better at night. I perform better at my job because I sleep better now and have much more stamina to make it through the day. I'm amazed at how much cleaner the air in our home has been."