It may not feel like it everywhere, but the calendar says it’s now spring. Here’s advice to clear the air in your home.
Sarasota, FL (March 21, 2014) – After months of below average temperatures and that Polar Vortex the calendar finally says it’s spring. With warmer temperatures you may be ready to open up the windows and start spring cleaning. For others you may be stocking up on the sinus medications and decongestants anticipating the pollen.
To breathe easier in your home, technicians with One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating® recommend having your air conditioning system professionally serviced and cleaned. This helps improve your air filtration system and the system’s efficiency. Here’s more to consider:
- Start a new family habit - check your shoes at the door to reduce your exposure to allergens
- Remove the source of allergens (carpets, pets, stuffed toys, old bedding)
- Clean and vacuum frequently to eliminate dust mites
- Wash clothes in hot water - hot water kills bacteria and dust mites
- Don’t smoke in the house - this includes burning candles
- Use glue boards / traps to catch rodents and bugs instead of chemicals
- Be sure your home is well ventilated if you’re painting, remodeling or using cleaning chemicals
- Turn on bath exhaust fans and [i] let them run 5-10 minutes after you shower to remove moisture
For more on getting the most out of your air conditioning and heating system, as you get ready for spring, contact your local One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating location.
 Information from Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America was used in this report