Prepare Your Home Before Summer Strikes to Beat the Heat
Expert HVAC Technicians Provide Energy Conservation Tips
HOUSTON (May 23, 2017)
– According to the U.S Department of Energy, home cooling systems use about 6 percent of all the electricity produced in the United States, at an annual cost of about $29 billion to homeowners. 1
With summer around the corner, the use of air conditioning will increase soon. Now is the time for homeowners to take every measure possible to conserve energy and save on utility bills, while still remaining comfortable.
Prepare the home now before summer hits with these tips from the experts at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating®
- Change the air filter regularly. During the summer, change it monthly. Put a reminder on your calendar or phone, so you don’t forget!
- Install a smart thermostat. This will allow you to control the temperature of your home even while you’re away. Turning the thermostats back seven to 10 degrees for eight hours a day can help save as much as 10 percent per year on heating and cooling costs. 2
- Seal cooling ducts. Ensure that the connections at vents and registers are well-sealed where they meet the floors, walls and ceiling. These are common locations to find leaks and disconnected ductwork that could be wasting energy and money.
- Maintain equipment. Keep the cooling and heating system at peak performance by having an HVAC contractor conduct annual check-ups. Contrary to what some homeowners might think they can handle on their own, most elements of your cooling and heating system are not consumer-serviceable. You must find a professional, and there’s no better time than before summer begins.
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, part of the Direct Energy family of brands, has independently owned and operated locations throughout North America. Your complete satisfaction with our services and technicians, who are trained to exceed your expectations and needs, is 100% guaranteed. To find the location nearest you, or additional information and helpful tips, visit Onehourheatandair.com
External Relations Manager, Direct Energy
About One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is currently ranked as the #1 HVAC franchise in Entrepreneur magazine’s annual Franchise 500 (January 2017). One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning puts an emphasis on trust, customer service and courtesy. Franchised One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning locations are independently owned and operated businesses. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning is part of the Direct Energy family of brands. ©2017 Clockwork IP, LLC
About Direct Energy
Direct Energy is one of North America's largest energy and energy-related services providers with nearly five million residential and commercial customers. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 4 provinces in Canada. © 2017 Clockwork IP, LLC.
A family of home services:
Strong partnerships and a national support system.
Independently owned and operated.