The Installation Manager should be responsible for managing all aspects and functions of assigned HVAC installation projects to include direct oversight for planning, coordinating, and directing activities of the installation department; maintaining a workforce consistent with business activity; scheduling projects to ensure profitability, timely completion, and maximum customer satisfaction; communication of installation information to proper personnel to allow for effective planning and execution of project requirements; as well as management and development of employees to create a positive work environment.
- Direct oversight of installation dispatching, ordering, warehousing, truck inventory and maintenance, and tool inventory and maintenance.
Oversees the building and completion of installation job packets to include:
- Ensuring complete and accurate forms in job folders.
- Accurate ordering of materials to complete each installation
- Approves assignment of installation crews to each installation job.
- Oversees the coordination of materials procurement with approved vendors for maximum efficiency and cost.
Inventory management to include:
Overseeing the tracking of all unused materials:
— Returning what can be returned.
— Reusing what can be reused on another job.
- Overseeing the inventory of all truck and warehouse material and product stock.
- Overseeing the tracking of all unused materials:
Maintains safety and quality as a top priority by:
- Scheduling and conducting monthly safety meetings.
- Conducting regular job site inspections.
- Conducting regular truck inspections.
- Permits filing for installations requiring local permits to commence job.
- Maintains departmental budget expectations to include job costing analysis of completed jobs.