You rely on your air conditioner to keep you comfortable when temperatures soar.
If it breaks down in the middle of summer, you can look forward to hot, sticky, humid conditions until it’s been repaired. Extreme temperatures can even be dangerous, especially to the elderly.
It's important to have an experienced and trustworthy technician examine your system. Improper care like adding the wrong refrigerant, failing to fix a leak or making other errors can create even more problems. No matter what your AC needs are, we've got you covered. We provide everything from seasonal AC tune-ups to emergency air conditioning repairs for complete, state-of-the-art, energy efficient HVAC systems. We even provide low-cost monthly protection plans for your home's systems to help safeguard your family and budget from unexpected emergency repairs or unplanned installations and replacements.
Turn to the professionalism and technical expertise of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® technicians to make sure the job is done right.
Air Conditioning Inspection and Diagnosis
The HVAC experts at your local One Hour will inspect your system, diagnose what went wrong and thoroughly explain what your options are.
There's a variety of problems that can cause your air conditioner to not function properly. It could be that your thermostat or sensor is not working correctly, or the motor or compressor may have failed. A dirty filter or evaporator could also cause problems, or you might be low on refrigerant.
While we cannot know for sure what has caused your home's air conditioning system to stop working, our technicians have identified the most common issues in AC repair jobs.
- Fan not working
- Indoor coils have frozen
- Malfunctioning thermostat
- Musty, damp or foul odors
- Consistently high utility bills
- System is short-cycling
Systemis not maintaining desiredtemperature
- Leaky refrigerant or ductwork
- Water drainage is clogged
Here at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, we service all major AC brands and models. No matter what is wrong with your home's air conditioning system, our technicians will thoroughly inspect your unit to make sure they completely understand the problem and provide an appropriate solution. Your complete satisfaction is our goal during the service.
Air Conditioning Annual Maintenance Tune Up
Regular maintenance will ensure your air conditioner is working at top efficiency, extending its lifespan. Set up an annual maintenance check with a One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning technician to clean the unit, check on the refrigerant and make sure the system is in safe working order. Call our team today to help you with any issues that may arise, whether it’s maintenance, repair or replacement. We’ll be there to help when you need us.
When you choose One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning for your AC tuneup, your technician will provide the following services.
- Monitor volts/amps on
- Inspect all motor bearings for wear
- Evacuate condensate drain lines to check for proper drainage
- Record operating pressures for the refrigerant
- Tighten all electrical connections and wiring connections
- Test all safety devices
contactorsfor burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect condenser fan blade for cracks and balance
- Wash condenser coil and remove all debris (outside unit)
- Monitor compressor for proper voltage, amperage draw (outside unit)
- Monitor blower wheel for balance and dust (inside unit)
- Test all capacitors to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specs
- Visually check refrigerant system for leaks
- Visually inspect duct integrity
- And much more!
Air Conditioner Replacement
A professional cleaning may get your unit back up and running, but you may need to replace a part, or it might make sense not to repair and consider replacing your air conditioner. If purchasing a new unit is the best solution, our technicians will help you understand your options in choosing the right size for your home that best fits your lifestyle. Our experts will advise you on the systems most appropriate for your needs and the layout of your home. Options may include:
- Central Air: Often the best choice for cooling your whole home – featuring the new non-polluting refrigerants and variable speed technology that stretches every dollar out of your utility bill.
- Mini Spits:
May beyour best bet if you only need a room or two chilled.
- A Split System: Separates the outdoor compressor and condenser from the indoor component, and may be appropriate if your home is already equipped with proper ductwork.
- Evaporative Coolers: Use the chilling effect of evaporated water to cool down air - often ideal for arid climates.
The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that heating and cooling accounts for nearly 50 percent of the average household's energy use. Our experienced HVAC experts can advise you on the most energy-efficient models, install your equipment properly, take away the old unit and clean up afterward.
Remember, many air conditioning problems are caused by improper installation, but our top-notch service ensures that your unit is set up correctly the first time.
Services vary by location. Call for details.
Find Your Local One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® Team
- Request an appointment
- Get local phone numbers and company details
- View local offers and coupons
- View local services