A UV light is a fantastic way to keep your air cleaner because it kills or reduces many chemicals, bacteria, odors, viruses, and germ. One of the biggest reasons to install a UV light into your HVAC system is the benefit of breathing cleaner air. This is great in general, but especially useful if someone with asthma, repertory problems, or allergies lives in your home.
- Get rid of the bacteria and other things that make someone sick. It is shocking sometimes to realize that the bacteria flying around in the air usually recirculates and comes back into the air. You get introduced to the same germs, mold, and dust many times.
- Make sure that allergies aren’t as bad in the home. A UV light can help get rid of the things that many people can’t live with well.
- You won’t have as much maintenance on your HVAC unit because it will be cleaner. It could also save you money to have a UV light because the rest of your system doesn’t have to work as hard to provide clean air.
- You won’t have odors coming from your HVAC system. UV lights kill bacteria that cause odors, so you probably won’t have any odors coming from the system any longer.
- The airflow in your home should be better. You won’t have as much wear and tear, and your HVAC system should increase outflow depending on how dirty your system was before.
- The air in your home will feel fresher than it did before. You should notice a difference within the same day as your air starts to recirculate and become cleaner.
Always have a professional install a UV light into your HVAC system to make sure that they are put in the right space, and the temperature and humidity levels are right for the lights.
If you think UV lights can benefit you, contact one of our friendly service professionals at One Hour AC & Heating in West Palm Beach, FL., to discuss the right lights for the HVAC system in your home.