Air Conditioner Maintenance
Keep Your AC Working at Its Peak with Regular Maintenance
You wouldn’t drive across the country without getting a tune-up first, right? Consider summertime the road trip of air conditioners. Scheduling AC maintenance service will help ensure your air conditioner goes the distance this summer. Otherwise, it could be heading for Breakdown Boulevard.
As a premier HVAC company providing effective air conditioning maintenance for various cooling systems, you can count on One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning us to be there before an issue arises. We partner with you and recommend a sufficient annual or bi-annual maintenance schedule that works with your busy lifestyle. We also offer exclusive programs with AC unit service included for added convenience.
Why is AC Maintenance Important?
Air conditioning maintenance is vital to the longevity and efficiency of your system. If you neglect your AC for months or even years, you risk severe malfunctions or a complete system failure that could put your family’s health and safety in jeopardy.
With our support, you get:
- Equipment protection and extending the life of your AC unit – AC unit service from One Hour helps extend the lifespan of your system and protects your delicate equipment long-term. We follow a thorough checklist so that we verify every component, ensuring that everything is working at optimal levels.
- Energy savings and the efficiency of your AC unit – Are your monthly energy bills starting to increase significantly? Have you noticed your AC operating oddly over the last few months? Routine AC maintenance can help reduce energy costs and keep your system from overworking unnecessarily. Our goal is to help your AC unit operate for the average 10-15 year operation expectancy.
- Financial savings on repairs – Many homeowners don’t realize that an air conditioner requires annual maintenance for efficient and prolonged operation. If you allow your system to go years without professional attention, you could be subjecting your entire family to severe malfunctions that can cost hundreds, if not thousands, on repairs. We offer superior quality maintenance service you can trust to help save you time and money.
- Top-notch air quality – The air quality inside your home or office could be suffering greatly due to a lack of regular maintenance. How? When your unit isn’t working at peak efficiency, this may indicate that an internal mechanism or component is broken. Without maintenance, you would never know that your air conditioner is working overtime to compensate for the issue. As a result, you could have air circulating that isn’t healthy to inhale.
- Overall comfort, safety, and peace of mind – You shouldn’t have to be worried that your AC will stop working at a moment’s notice during a heatwave. Our maintenance solutions are designed to assess every part of your system to detect any potential issues, which means we can sometimes anticipate a problem before it happens. We aim to perform maintenance services that keep your system operating efficiently to give you peace of mind and keep your home comfortable all year long.
Call (800) 893-3523 for more information about our AC maintenance and repair solutions.
Our Air Conditioner Maintenance Checklist
Our licensed comfort specialists follow a detailed checklist that focuses on detecting minor issues before they become significant ones and mitigating problems entirely.
Clean Dirty Coils
A buildup of dirt on AC coils makes it difficult for the unit to absorb and remove heat, resulting in inefficient operation and higher monthly energy bills.
Replace Old Air Filters
Dust and dirt on your air filter won’t allow your AC unit to function adequately and can cause allergens to build up, making breathing a challenge for everyone.
Check Condensate Drains
While clogged lines are a common cause of air conditioner malfunctions, they can create severe problems with your system. Fortunately, it’s an easy problem to fix for our professionals.
Lubricate Mechanical Parts
Friction can be a formidable enemy of your AC. However, lubricating mechanisms can help extend the life of these essential parts and create better energy efficiency overall.
Check Refrigerant Level
We check to make sure you have the appropriate level of refrigerant that keeps your AC working. If your level is low, we’ll recommend the correct product for your specific system.
Any debris or foreign components could be interfering with the operation of your air conditioning system. We remove any debris that could be obstructing line connections or further disrupting how well your unit runs.
Adjust Thermostat Settings
Our technicians will check the accuracy of your thermostat. If we have to make any adjustments, we’ll explain why and how they help.
Tighten Electrical Connections
Loose electrical connections can cause shorts, resulting in energy loss and an AC unit that works inconsistently or not at all.
Check System Controls
One of the most critical AC maintenance tasks is verifying that system controls are operational and ensuring the correct electrical sequence so that the cooling and heating processes aren’t trying to operate simultaneously.
How Often Should I Service My Air Conditioner?
Most homeowners have their AC units serviced annually to keep air conditioners running adequately. However, we recommend AC maintenance every six months or bi-annually, once in spring and again in fall. This is to make sure that everything is working as it should before a harsh winter or humid summer.
Types of AC Units We Tune-Up
Regardless of the kind of air conditioning system you have, it’ll need a tune-up at least bi-annually for consistent operation.
Central Air Conditioners
Maintenance for a central AC system is a bit more tedious because it involves ensuring ductwork and air registers and returns are also functional. We thoroughly review our checklist for these types of systems as they’re much more complex than any other and have more components.
Because this AC system operates sans ductwork, maintenance tasks are straightforward but still require checking and adjusting a thermostat to guarantee all units are operating efficiently. Our qualified technicians schedule maintenance bi-annually, like most AC unit systems.
One of the primary maintenance tasks vital to the function of swamp coolers is replacing water pads. Your water pads must be checked regularly and replaced every 3-5 years. We also clean the exterior of your system to remove any dust or dirt buildup.
Natural wear and tear is inevitable with a unit that gets regular usage. Our qualified comfort specialists can service your window unit annually to eliminate dust, pollen, and pollutant accumulation in the air filter and on the unit.
Like window units, a wall-mounted air conditioner should be serviced once a year and can take around an hour or two to complete maintenance. We work quickly to perform the necessary care tasks accurately and leave you to enjoy your AC until the following year.
AC Maintenance Cost
Routine AC maintenance can cost between $50-200 depending on the unit type and the extent of any issue we find. If any problems need immediate attention, our team of dedicated and courteous professionals will provide you with an upfront estimate for AC repairs. However, we also offer customers our exclusive Comfort Club program that includes annual or bi-annual maintenance plans to help you save time and money on upkeep.
Your closest One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning location is independently owned and operated, so call us today for help from a friendly and highly-qualified neighbor!
We Are Trusted AC Experts
As a nationally recognized HVAC company with franchise locations across the country, we pride ourselves on delivering an entirely customer-focused experience that leaves you pleased with our workmanship. We have a long legacy of excellence because we hire the most qualified technicians, offer exceptional services, and guarantee your satisfaction.
Expertly Trained and Dependable AC Technicians
Before our technicians get the privilege of supporting you with AC and heating repair, installation, and maintenance solutions, they go through extensive training. Not only are our technicians trained in technical aptitude but also customer service. We make sure all of our professionals continue delivering the high standards you’re used to without compromising your budget.
AC Installation Service at a Moment’s Notice
Your air conditioner deserves the best of the best. One Hour provides customers with emergency and same-day AC installation when issues occur that you can’t anticipate. We offer you professional advice and make viable, data-driven recommendations. We’re available around the clock to ensure your home is comfortable and your family is safe.
What other HVAC company promises guaranteed satisfaction? If you can’t think of any off the top of your head, it’s because there aren’t many. We’re not afraid to make service guarantees because we have a long history of satisfied customers, meaning we have the chops to back it up. We’re an industry leader in AC and heating repair, installation, and maintenance; just ask our customers.
We’re HVAC Professionals Providing Home AC Service
When you trust our AC and heating company to help you with your home’s temperature control, you’re getting so much more than that. You gain access to various AC solutions that keep your home comfortable throughout the year.
Our highly trained experts can help with the following home AC services:
- Home AC repair – Once we’ve completed your maintenance service, you may need repairs to keep your system operational. We’ll outline the specific repairs your system requires and provide estimates to help you plan financially. We don’t recommend that you attempt to repair an HVAC issue yourself, as you may be putting yourself at risk of injury and costing yourself money to resolve potential mistakes.
- Home AC installation and replacement – Sometimes, a repair isn’t enough to keep your air conditioner working. We’ll discuss AC installation and replacement options when you have a significant issue that would be more expensive to repair than simply replace.
Our Expert Maintenance Team Is Ready to Tune-Up and Extend the Life of Your AC!
Annual or bi-annual maintenance is critical to an air conditioner, helping it stand the test of time and last for up to 15 years. We have experience with the latest HVAC technology and repairing, installing, and maintaining systems, so you don’t have to worry when the temperature changes outside.
*Check with your local franchise, services may vary by location.
To find out more about air conditioner maintenance, call us at (800) 893-3523. We’ll do what we can to make sure your air conditioner lasts for many years to come.