After the long, hot, summer, most HVAC systems need some attention before the start of Fall. It is important to ensure that your system is in complete working condition when colder weather slinks in. Blankets can only do so much against the northeastern chill, and having an HVAC system you can rely on is essential.
We have prepared a quick checklist from our professionals at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Bucks County of things you can do right now to prepare:
1. Replace your air filters. A clogged or dirty filter can make your system work harder, which uses a lot more energy, costing your more money. Dirty air filters can also permanently damage your system. Replace your filters once a month or as recommended by your system's manufacturer.
2. Seal up leaks. Take a quick walk around your home to check for cracks or gaps around windows and doors. This could let the heat out and bring cold air in. Now is a good time to find these leaks and get them sealed up. In cooler climates, you can also consider using a humidifier to make your home more pleasant in the fall and winter.
3. Replace the batteries in your programmable thermostat to make sure it operates all season. By upgrading to our Wi-Fi thermostat, you can also have complete control over the temperature in your home and monitor it especially while you are away. Now is a good time to replace the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors as well.
4. Tidy up. During the warmer months, flammable materials like paint or cleaning supplies may have been placed near your heating systems. This could be a safety hazard. Clear the area around your furnace or heating system and make sure furniture or rugs are not blocking your vents and registers.
5. Get a tune-up. We recommend having a professional clean and inspect your heating and cooling system twice a year. A professional can help maintain your system, which can extend the product's life while helping reduce the frequency and severity of breakdowns.
For more information on preparing your home for the upcoming fall season, please contact your local heating company in Bucks County, PA: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Bucks County. We are here to take care of you and your system's needs, providing your home with a comfortable environment. We can also provide furnace installation in Bucks County, PA. Call us at: (267) 930-2733 to schedule a tune-up or furnace maintenance in Bucks County, PA!