In the United States, three out of ten people suffer from allergies related to cats and dogs. And if you think you’re allergic to your pet, there are ways in which you can cut down on pet dander in your home.
- Change Your Air Filters. Changing your air filter regularly helps promote indoor air quality in your home. It also a cheap and effective way to keep your HVAC system clean and healthy as well. We recommend changing your air filter monthly if you have pets.
- Choose the Correct Air Filter. Any old air filter will do, right? No—Make sure you select the correct size for your system. Also, find the right MERV rating for your needs. We recommend choosing a filter with a MERV rating in the 6-10 range. The bigger the number, the more it filters out but it’s not advisable to go beyond MERV 12 because it can strain your system.
- Clean Your Vents. Pet dander, fur, and other debris could be lingering around the air vents and you could be breathing in that air. Remove the dust and fur from around the air vents. Follow up with a sponge with warm soap and water to clean the vent thoroughly.
- Get Your Ducts Cleaned. Duct cleaning service is recommended every 3-5 years for homeowners. This should be done by a professional HVAC company.
- Install a UV Light. UV light air purifiers are a great tool to have in your home because they cut down on allergens more than just a filter would. It’s safe, clean, and doesn’t use any chemicals to purify your indoor air.
- Manage Humidity. This is one very important given that Miami can be quite humid. By reducing excess humidity in your home, can help eliminate dust mites. Cutting down on moisture in your home also helps manage mold and mildew, which are other factors that can trigger allergies and asthma.
HVAC Services in Miami
One hour Heating & Air Conditioning of Miami is here for you around the clock. No matter the time of day, One Hour Air is there for you. We take emergency calls to better serve you. Whether you need duct cleaning services or help with your air conditioning unit, our highly-skilled technicians provide prompt and professional service. Schedule service with our One Hour Air team in Miami today!