Did you know that the average house accumulates 40 pounds of dust each year? While that number may shock you, what’s lurking in your ducts may be even more shocking. Here are 5 facts about air duct cleaning and why you should get your air ducts cleaned.
- As homes are built tighter than they used to be, indoor air quality has been on the decline. Particles in the air can become trapped in your ducts
- Duct cleaning helps increase the efficiency of your HVAC system. When your ducts are free of debris, air can flow properly. But if your ductwork is clogged and dirty, it decreased efficiency and puts unnecessary strain on your HVAC system.
- Duct cleaning can improve indoor air quality by reducing pet dander, dust, mold, chemicals, and dirt from your air ducts. Studies have shown that we spend 60-90% of our lives indoors so all of that dirt and debris is recirculated in the air you breathe.
- Bugs could be lurking in your ducts. Insects can make their way into ductwork and can even attract other pests that prey on them.
- Air duct cleaning is recommended every three to five years. We also recommend a good ductwork cleaning after new construction, renovations, or when moving into a new home.
Why You Should Get Your Air Ducts Cleaned
When your air ducts are clean, it helps your system run smoothly and improves your indoor air quality. Air can flow freely which helps cut down on wasted energy and utility bills.
Cleaning your air ducts help eliminate these items from the air you breathe:
- Dirt, dust, debris
- Pet hair and dander
- Mold or mildew
- Post-construction debris
Professional Air Duct Cleaning in Miami
Air duct cleaning should be performed by an experienced professional. Do not try to DIY this one because you could damage your ductwork or HVAC system. When you need reliable air duct cleaning services, count on One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning of Miami to provide prompt service. Contact us today to schedule service.