Do you find your son under piles of blankets each morning? Does your daughter avoid taking friends into her room because it’s always so cold? Have you checked that the vents are open in certain rooms over and over again?
The problem with some rooms not getting enough heat may not have anything to do with the vents. There could actually be leaks in your duct work allowing the heat to escape before it gets to those rooms. These leaks can cause your furnace to work harder, increasing your energy bills to 30% higher than they should be.
We have a way to make your rooms warmer and lower your bills back down to where they should be.
Aeroseal Duct Sealing
The process we use to seal your ducts can not only get your rooms back to comfortable temperatures, but can also prevents debris and nasty fumes from entering those rooms.
Before you have your ducts sealed, we recommend you have them cleaned first. Find out about our duct cleaning services here.
How does Aeroseal work?
- We cover wall registers so air escapes only through the leaks in your duct work
- We inject sealant into the ducts for about an hour
- Small aerosol particles are kept suspended in the airflow by continuous air movement
- As the air stream makes a sharp turn to exit through a leak, the particles collide with and adhere to the leak edges
- Holes and cracks up to 5/8 of an inch are sealed, with only 1-2 oz. of the sealant material remaining in the ducts
- We’ll show you a computer-generated analysis which summarizes the amount of leakage reduction
How much money can I save, and for how long?
A series of government reports has shown that air duct sealing can lead to up to $850 in energy savings per year. Some homeowners save up to 40% on their energy bill. The material used in Aeroseal lasts 10 years, backed by our 10-year warranty.
Can Aeroseal duct sealing make my air conditioning more efficient?
Yes. If you have rooms that are too hot in the summer, there’s a good chance that the cool air is leaking out of your ducts before it gets to those rooms. Having your ducts sealed now will also improve comfort in your home during warmer months.
We at One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning in Aberdeen have been improving the comfort of Harford County and Baltimore County residents for years. To find out more about Aeroseal, check out our list of FAQs. For a visual description of what sealing your ducts can do for your home, watch this video.