Humidity levels in Northern Maryland hover around 80% all summer long. With it being so hot and sticky outside, it’s essential to be able to stay cool and dry once we get inside our homes.
Here are a few tips to prevent your family from sweating this summer.
- Close blinds and curtains. Strong afternoon sunshine can really heat up a room and make your AC work harder.
- Use fans. Circulating cool air can make the whole house more comfortable.
- Try to keep doors closed. Kids run in and out of the house all summer, so remind them to pull the doors closed behind them. Letting hot air in can increase humidity and really drive up energy bills.
- Have a whole-home central dehumidifier installed as part of your home’s central heating and cooling system. We recommend keeping relative humidity levels below 60% in your home to keep mold and mildew from growing and to keep that musty smell at bay. Our technicians can talk to you about the best dehumidifier for your system.
- Have technicians at One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning in Aberdeen check that your air conditioning system and its components are clean and working properly, and inspect your ductwork for mold, dust, and leaks. If we find that your ducts need cleaning or sealing, we can tell you about service we offer that will save you money on bills in the long run and keep your home much cooler.
Call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Aberdeen today to make sure you’re not sweating all summer!