Football is one of America’s favorite pastimes, and it’s likely that many of you will be participating in football festivities this month. Pre-game events and game watching parties have become a social event for many people, and party hosts should take everybody’s comfort into consideration before deciding to host a party.
So if you’re hosting a game watch party this month, there are precautions you should take to ensure that you and your guests stay comfortable. And One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Midland Park is here to help! Make sure your game watch is the talk of the season with the tips below.
- It’s critical to have plenty of seats for people to watch the game. However, make sure there’s no furniture blocking any of the air vents. This could trap the air, making the A/C system work inefficiently to cool the home.
- Ceiling fans are one of the most efficient ways to cool a room. If you use air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort.
- If rooms will not be in use by guests, it’s ok to close the air vents in those particular rooms to save energy. However, by shutting too many registers, air flow is seriously restricted and that can affect the entire system. Experts recommend closing off no more than 40 percent of your home.
- If expecting house guests, dust before company arrives. Allergens produced by house dust mites are among the most common triggers of asthma. As many as 10 percent of the general population and, in some regions, 90 percent of people with allergic asthma are sensitive to dust mites.
- If odors are coming from air ducts or the heating and cooling system, invest in an air cleaner or other indoor air quality products. Air ducts are a great place for mold to grow, and it’s important to reveal if that’s what the smell is.
Call one of our technicians today to schedule any consultations or upgrades that could help ensure your game watch party is a success for you and your guests.