Indoor Air Quality in Nashville
Get Pollutant Out of Your Nashville Home
Modern homes are better sealed against air loss than ever before, helping your heating and air conditioning system function more efficiently. However, a tightly-sealed home can trap airborne particles such as dirt, pollen, animal dander, and even bacteria and mold spores inside your living spaces, degrading the quality of your indoor air. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Nashville is dedicated to improving your home’s indoor air quality in Nashville with services that include air duct cleaning, air conditioning and furnace repair, and regular HVAC maintenance.
Factors That Affect Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality refers to more than just cleanliness. Here’s a quick look at the different aspects of indoor air quality you should be aware of.
- Humidity: Humidity refers to the amount of moisture in the air. High humidity can foster mold growth, while low humidity can dry out your skin and throat. A properly functioning HVAC system should keep your indoor humidity at the appropriate level.
- Airborne Particles: Smoke, cleaning products, pet dander, skin cells, and other particles can seriously compromise your indoor air quality. Also, airborne bacteria, viruses, and chemicals can make you sick.
- Ventilation: Air movement is very important for good indoor air quality. If there’s no air movement, airborne particles will have more of a chance to accumulate, creating air that’s “stale” or “sick.”
Signs Your Home Could Benefit from Duct Cleaning and Sealing
Over time, your air ducts are subject to wear and tear. Air leaks and dirt accumulation not only increase strain on your HVAC system, they also contribute to poor indoor air quality in your home. Air duct cleaning and sealing restores the interior of your ducts to like-new condition for a healthier indoor environment and greater HVAC efficiency.
- Visibly dirty air registers or noticeable “puffs” of dust from your vents when your HVAC system activates are a sure sign that your ducts need cleaning.
- If you find yourself dusting constantly, it could be a sign of excessive buildup inside your ducts.
- Remodeling can kick up dust and other particles that may settle into your ducts; schedule air duct cleaning after any major home renovation.
- Leaky ducts allow conditioned air to escape before it reaches your living spaces. High energy bills and uneven heating or cooling are often indicative of air leaks in your ductwork that need sealing.
Whole-Home Air Filtration Options
Improving or adding to your home’s air filtration system is a great way to boost the quality of the air you breathe. Whole-home air filters and purifiers are designed to eliminate particles, bacteria, and other toxins from your home’s indoor air. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Nashville is proud to offer the indoor air quality solutions you need for a healthier Nashville home. Please call us today at (615) 235-6046 to discuss duct sealing, air duct cleaning, whole-home filtration options, and more.
- Your HVAC system should already incorporate a passive air filter. These filters are available with various ratings related to their efficiency—talk to your heating and air conditioning service about which type of filter is best for your needs.
- An electric whole-home filter creates an electromagnetic field that attracts airborne particles to a media filter, increasing the filter’s efficiency at capturing particles from the air.
- A UV lamp can be installed at the entrance to your home’s ductwork to completely neutralize bacteria and viruses before they can enter your ducts and living spaces, creating a healthier environment for you and your family.
How to Improve Indoor Air Quality
The best way to improve your indoor air quality is to ensure that your HVAC system is functioning properly. Here are a few ways that the experts at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Nashville can help you clean up your indoor air.
- Seal Ducts: If your ducts have holes in them, they may be vulnerable to potentially harmful particles, which can then travel throughout your home. Sealing your ducts can help improve your indoor air quality and improve your HVAC system’s efficiency.
- Clean Ducts: In some cases, a clogged duct system can affect ventilation and indoor air quality. Having your ducts cleaned with UV lighting can help reduce your family’s risk of illness.
- Install a Filter: If the air quality in your home is poor, your HVAC expert may recommend installing a sophisticated air filter. The right filter can eliminate harmful toxins and make your indoor air much more breathable.
Good indoor air quality is extremely important, yet most homeowners don’t think about it. If you have any questions about how to improve the air in your Nashville home, call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Nashville at (615) 235-6046.
‘Round the Clock Availability
No matter the hour, you can trust One Hour to be there to help you when you get hit with the unexpected.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We guarantee our materials, labor, and craftsmanship for up to two years from the date of your service.
StraightForward Pricing® Guide
Before we start any work, we discuss your available options so you know exactly what you are getting and how much it will cost. No hidden fees!
Always On Time…Or You Don’t Pay A Dime!®
We understand your time is valuable, so we promise to arrive at your home within the predetermined time window that you select, or your service call is free.