Electrically SafeEnsuring your home remains electrically safe is crucial to ensure your loved ones and property are safe from dangers, such as house fires, electrocution, and other common incidents. Electricity can be lethal, and it must be treated with respect and care. If you are unfamiliar with electrical systems, call a qualified electrician.
Some tell-tale signs of electrical problems include:
- Flickering light fixtures – If you notice a flickering light, a fault in the wiring is likely.
- Hot switches – A light switch should not heat up, which can lead to a fire. If you have “hot switches,” faulty wiring may lead to a short and cause significant electrical issues.
- Loose power outlets – A power outlet may overwork itself, leading to excess current running through the outlet. Other times, an outlet will be wobbly because it’s not fitted and fastened properly. This issue may lead to electrocution or fire.