Your heating system is one of the most important components of your home. Without it, not only would you have to deal with the discomfort of a cold house, but you also run the risk of freezing pipes and other (potentially serious) issues. The good news is that just a little maintenance and attention, many heating problems are avoidable. Plus, the earlier you schedule your heating system tune-up, the sooner you can make any repairs—before winter’s chill really sets in. Here are the top 10 reasons why an annual boiler or furnace tune up are important for your home.
- Reduce Utility Costs– A professional tune up can keep your unit operating smoothly and efficiently. And an efficient system is ultimately a cost-effective system.
- Reduce Fossil Fuels- In addition to the monetary savings, another advantage of an efficient system is that it will run cleaner—with less wasted fuel and a reduced environmental impact.
- Extend the Life of Your Unit– No homeowner wants the expense of replacing their boiler or furnace.
- Stay Informed– Even if you do need to replace your heating unit someday, it’s much easier on your budget if you can plan for the expense ahead of time and set money aside for that specific purpose. By having your unit inspected annually, you can get a better sense for how many more years your boiler or furnace is expected to last, so you can plan accordingly.
- Improve the Air Quality in Your Home– If you have forced air heating in your home, scheduling an annual furnace service can reduce the amount of soot and sediment that builds up in your unit through the year.
- Ensures Safety– Your heating unit burns fuel and produces exhaust, so if a leak develops in your exhaust line, it could cause a serious carbon monoxide hazard. A professional HVAC technician will be able to point out any issues and keep your family safe.
- Maintain Manufacturer’s Warranty- Many warranties are voided if the unit doesn’t receive routine maintenance.
- More Flexible Technician Availability- The earlier you schedule your appointment, the more likely you’ll be able to find a time slot that’s convenient for you. The more extreme the temperature, the busier HVAC companies become.
- Better Airflow- A properly serviced heating unit will distribute air more evenly throughout your home, keeping each room comfortable.
- Avoid a Mid-Winter Emergency– Most importantly, by having your heating unit professionally inspected early in the season, you reduce the risk of malfunction during the months when you need heat most. Additionally, routine maintenance calls are generally less expensive than emergency visits, so planning ahead can save you a lot of money in the long run.
With cold weather approaching, now is the best time to call your local One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning to schedule your heating system tune up. Remember that planning ahead and servicing your unit early in the season will save you money and inconvenience because you can prevent your unit from failing during the winter months. Not to mention the improved efficiency of a well-maintained heating unit will improve costs and comfort as well.