Humidity is residential nuisance. We know that it can promote allergens in the home and can make for an uncomfortable living environment. However, we also know some ways to fight it. The team at Duggan's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® suggests these tips.
Five (Humidity) Fighting Tips
- Make sure your air conditioning unit is working properly. This may include upkeep on your part or that of an HVAC specialist. Either way, an air conditioner can serve as a de-humidifier during the hotter months, so it's important that it works and works well.
- If you do have a humidifier for the colder months, make sure to put it away when the Georgia weather warms up. Otherwise, this cold-temp tool will make your humidity situation worse.
- When you can, open up your home. Open up windows and doors, if that's possible, to allow circulation throughout.
- When you're performing chores that are very moisture-driven - like taking showers - use a vent or a fan. This should help get some of that shower-created humidity out of the home.
- Finally, get consistent HVAC check ups done by a professional. If your entire heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system is in good working order, there should be no overwhelming issues with humidity.
Still Fighting the Humidity Battle? Let Us Help You Win the War!
Call our team at Duggan's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®. We specialize in your home's comfort, and so, we can assess your situation. We'll be able to help you get the humidity out and the air quality in. Call now: F:P:Sub:Phone}.