When the weather starts to turn warm again, you might be wondering if your air conditioning system will once again get you through another hot summer. If it fails when temperatures are at their highest, that could be more than a mere annoyance - it could actually be dangerous in some cases. Please get in touch with a professional if you notice any of the following signs that your AC system needs some work.
1. You Hear Strange SoundsOne of the surest signs you'll need air conditioning system repair will be if you hear a whirring or rattling sound when the outside unit comes on. That could mean something as simple as the need for some lubrication or it could be a sign that something is seriously wrong.
2. Your Electric Bill SpikesIf your monthly bill suddenly surges dramatically, that could mean there is some sort of obstruction or leak in the system. It's having to work a lot harder than normal, which will obviously increase the amount of energy that needs to be used.
3. You Smell Something StrangeAn odd odor coming from your AC unit is never good. A musty smell is an indication that mold may have accumulated inside the unit, while a burning smell could mean that a portion of the motor has burned out.
4. You See Signs of a LeakIf moisture has accumulated near the inside or outside portion of your air conditioning system, it might not be that big of a deal. It could just be some extra condensation coming off a line. However, it could also indicate that refrigerant is leaking, or there is some sort of blockage in a line. Stay on the safe side and call a professional to get it checked out.
5. You Don't Feel Cold AirThis is most obvious tip-off that something is wrong with your AC. It could mean a vent is blocked, or it could be something extremely serious such as a compressor problem. If you have any reason to believe something is wrong with your air conditioning system, get in touch with Duggan's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® as soon as possible. Contact us online or call (706) 914-1617.