Aeroseal® Duct Sealing
Independent studies show more than 90% of existing buildings in North America have leaky air ducts. In the United States alone, it is estimated that three out of every four homeowners lose between 20 and 40 % of the conditioned or heated air in their duct systems through undetected leaks.
Our certified technicians will seal your leaky ducts with Aeroseal®, a technological breakthrough product with a 10-year warranty and a life expectancy of 40 to 45 years.
The Importance of Aeroseal® Duct Sealing
Sealing leaks in your air ducts is important because ignoring them will result in:
- Higher energy consumption and higher energy bills
- Uneven spots for cooling and heating
- Poor air quality
- Diminished property value
- Increased chance for respiratory illness due to contaminants in leaky ducts
What is Aeroseal® & How Does it Work?
Aeroseal® is a patented duct-sealing technology that seals your leaky ducts from the inside out. It uses polymer particles to seal the leaks from within by allowing the particles to stick to the edges of the leak and eventually cover and close the leak. This is accomplished through the following 6-step process:
- Cover wall grilles and registers to ensure that air can escape only through leaks in your ducts.
- Spray sealant into the ducts to locate and seal the leaks.
- Keep the aerosol particles of the sealant moving and suspended in the airflow with constant air movement.
- When air pumped into the ducts exits through a leak, the suspended sealant sticks to the edges of the leak and slowly builds up.
- Leaks are sealed with very little sealant remaining in the ducts.
- The ducts are checked with a computer-generated analysis to verify the success of the procedure.
Ignoring the proper maintenance of your air ducts can lead to problems for your home and your family. Dirty air ducts carry dust, debris, allergens, and other harmful irritants to every corner of your house, which can lower your indoor air quality.
To ensure that your HVAC circulates fresh, pure air that will not make your family members sick from airborne contaminants, it is essential to have your air ducts checked and cleaned periodically by Pass One Hour.
Because we charge by the job, you never pay for slow technicians. Our NATE-certified crews will quote an up-front price before we start any project. No hourly rates or unexpected surprise charges. The price we say is the price you pay. Period.
When to Have Your Air Ducts Cleaned
For most homes, we recommend a duct cleaning once every two years as part of a routine maintenance schedule. However, some situations occur that may require immediate duct cleaning. Those instances include:
- Moving into a new home
- After home renovations
- When you notice odors coming from your vents
- After installing a new HVAC system
- When family members show symptoms of a respiratory illness
When you choose Pass One Hour for hassle-free installation of your new ductwork, you will receive a straightforward, up-front price. That means no hourly charge and no surprises on your bill when the work is complete. In fact, you will know the price down to the penny before we begin your ductwork installation.
Our Ductwork Installation Process
Every installation job is different, which is why our process includes careful scrutiny of the job site and detailed planning of the work involved. We discuss with you the design and suggest any upgrades and modifications that can improve the efficiency of your duct system before any work is done.
Once the work starts, our certified craftsmen will ensure that your ducts provide you with the clean air that you and your family deserve. We make sure that each job is handled with care and professionalism. Our skilled experts will exude courtesy, competence, cleanliness, and character while making sure that our installation process is convenient for you.