Hurricane season is here, we want to do whatever we can to make sure that you and your loved ones are prepared as much as possible for any storm that may hit the area.
When the weather gets harsh, there could be some negative impacts on your heating and cooling systems. The best way to protect your property from common HVAC storm damage is to conduct the proper storm preparation.
Hopefully, these preventive steps will spare you and your family from an emergency AC fix or flooded heater due to a storm.
Here are some basic steps you can take to prepare your HVAC system:
- Be sure to clean any debris, dirt, or items like garden tools or outdoor furniture from your backyard. This will help prevent these items from blowing inside your HVAC unit, which could damage circuitry.
- Consider cooling your home prior to a storm and stop use during a storm
- Make sure any window units and unplugged and removed prior to a storm
- Clear exhaust pipes and vents of debris
Talk to the professionals at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning about:
- Putting covers over outdoor air conditioning units for extra protection
- If flooding is a concern, have your HVAC professional install your AC unit in an elevated position
- Being sure you have the proper surge protection