If you notice hot or cold spots in your home, it could be a sign of problems with your HVAC system. Or there could just be simple things standing in the way of optimal airflow. Take a look at some of the most common causes of uneven heating in your home.
- Obstructed Registers– The optimal distance between your furniture and vents is 18 inches.
- Dirty Air Filters– A clogged air filter doesn’t allow air to pass through it as well as it should. That’s why it’s so important to replace your filters regularly to prevent buildup that’s harmful to air quality and airflow throughout your home.
- Inadequately Sized Furnace– If your furnace is too small for the size of your home, it won’t be powerful enough to move air through the entire building.
- Lack of Furnace Maintenance– Regular maintenance is the best way to ensure your furnace is operating as well as it can.
- Air Duct Leaks– If there are any gaps in your ductwork, air will leak out and the force of the air will be less effective throughout your home.
Some of the causes of uneven heating are easy to fix, while others require the time and care of a trained professional. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Pittsburgh is always happy to help you improve the comfort of your home. So, don’t hesitate to reach out if you have concerns about airflow in your home. You don’t have to put up with discomfort!