Whether you’re reading this on the cusp of fall or in the dead of winter or anytime really, your home’s heating system remains one of the most important systems in our homes. With this heavy dependence, it’s no question that heating problems will arise one day. While some of these may be easy to fix, there will be a day that comes where you need to replace your home’s heating system.
Today, our team at Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is going to walk through 8 of the telltale signs that you may need to replace your home’s heating system.
8 Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Home’s Heating System
1. Temperature Doesn’t Satisfy
If your home is set at your usual temperature this year, and it’s not satisfying as much as it used to, this may be the sign a replacement is needed. While service technicians can identify some possible repairs or solutions to ensure your system is working efficiently such as ensuring there are no cracks or leaks, this may be a sign that the air is not being distributed properly. If this is the case, a replacement may be needed.
2. Unhealthy Air Quality
Whether you’ve noticed an increased amount of dust hanging around your home or your loved ones are having trouble breathing due to allergies or asthma, you may want to invest in a new unit. In addition, if anyone in your home is experiencing dry skin, nose, or eyes when the heater is turned on, it may be a sign that your current heating system may just not be cutting it anymore.
3. Uneven Heating
Warm in the living room but not the bedroom? Changing your thermostat constantly to feel more comfortable is a sign that your heating system is not distributing heat correctly. Many times, your system may need to be replaced to work effectively for you and your loved ones again.
4. Rising Energy Costs
If you noticed a spike in your heating bills, even though everything else has stayed the same and is unexplainable, your system may be on its way out. It is usually more cost-effective to have your system replaced than deal with the rising operating costs.
5. Noisy Unit
While some buzz from your system is normal, an influx of rattles, hums, buzzes, or clanks is a sign of concern. Many times, these internal components may be too costly to repair so a replacement is needed.
6. Frequent Repairs
If you have experienced the need for more HVAC calls every winter, it may be time for a replacement unit. If your unit has been needed to be repaired more than once in two years, it’s usually a more cost-effective investment to pull the plug on the unit and upgrade.
7. Expensive Repairs
If you are debating whether to spend money on a repair or to just go with a replacement, it’s important to weigh the costs against each other. If the repair is equally or more than 50% of the replacement, the replacement is probably the better option for the future of your home’s comfortability and your energy bills.
8. Your Heating System Is Old
Whether you know your system is approaching its 15th year of use or you inherited your system from the previous homeowner, your system may just be ready to call it quits. Most heaters are designed to last around 15 to 20 years. If you are experiencing an influx of issues and it’s on the older side, it may be time to say goodbye to your heater and upgrade to a new model – backed by warranties.
The One Hour Promise
At Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®, we have the heating repair and replacement services you need for your home in Ramsey. If you are experiencing an issue with your heater, including any of the ones above, turn to our team for a thorough inspection.
Unlike other heating companies in Ramsey, we take our time to understand what problems you are experiencing. During our inspection, we’ll ensure everything including your system is in tip-top shape. Offering convenient repair and replacement services, our team will discuss your solutions. No work will be completed without your full approval.
All of our heating replacement and installation services are backed by our:
- Exclusive Two-Year Satisfaction Guarantee – We want you to be fully satisfied in your comfort system. If within 2 years from the date of service you are dissatisfied with your newly installed system, we’ll make any and all necessary modifications needed to ensure your full satisfaction. This includes additional replacement services.
- Peace of Mind Total Service Guarantee – This is one of the best guarantees in the industry. For 10 years after installation of your new Deluxe, Premier, or Optimum system, you will not pay for any equipment failure-related service call as long as you maintain your unit with routine recommended service. You’ll have ultimate peace of mind knowing your unit is covered for the next 10 years. We offer 2-years worry-free guarantees on our basic systems.
- Total Comfort Guarantee – If you decide to have our team replace your unit with a custom-designed system to meet your unique requirements, we guarantee the system for 5 years. If the desired temperature selection is not achieved, we will make any modifications, repairs, and if necessary, replace the system at no additional charge to you.
With our dedication to your satisfaction via our generous and industry-leading guarantees, you can rest assured that your new heating system will be backed by our service professionals. If you are ever unsatisfied with our services, give us a call. We’ll make things right.
No matter the issues you are experiencing with your heater, albeit a furnace or heat pump, you can turn to our trusted team in Ramsey. Ready to experience the difference Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® can make for your home this fall and winter season? Give us a call today!
When you’re ready to have your current heating system serviced, give our team of Ramsey heating experts a call today at (763) 284-8639 or contact us online to get started!