Although our air ducts are extremely important to our home’s central air conditioning and heating systems, residential air ducts can quickly become a hotbed of pet dander, bacteria, pollen, mildew, mold spores, and similar toxin build-up. In fact, since the 1970s homes have been suffering from “Tight Home Syndrome.” Over time, homes have been built tighter to conserve energy; however, this often results in locking in dirt and stale air in our home’s HVAC system and vents – contributing to indoor air pollution.
From protecting your indoor air quality to the safety of your family and yourself, your home’s air ducts should be cleaned out regularly.
5 reasons why it’s important to have your indoor air ducts cleaned include:
- Creates a Cleaner Home – When you have your indoor air ducts cleaned, you are having dust and other particles removed that would otherwise circulate throughout your home. Landing on your furniture, your bedding, and your flooring, having your air ducts clean lead to a cleaner living environment.
- Improves Air Quality – When this dust, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens are removed, your home’s air quality improved. Even if no one in your home suffers from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems, everyone who enters your space will be able to breathe easier.
- Removes Odors Trapped in Air – Everything from paint to pets to cooking to household cleaning solutions contribute to stale smells in your home’s air ducts. Once trapped, these odors begin to recirculate in your air with no sign of letting up. In fact, even a build-up of dust over time can lead to an unpleasant, stale, and often musty odor being recirculated every time you use your home’s HVAC system. Having your air ducts cleaned to remove the odor trapping particles, leading to a fresher smelling home.
- Ensures System’s Efficiency – Once dust and grime begin to build-up in your air ducts, the air from your furnace and air conditioner can be restricted. This decreases your system’s efficiency by needing to use more power and work harder to heat or cool your home. Having your air ducts clean ensures your system can run the way it was designed to.
- Keeps Home Safe – Last, but certainly not least, having your home’s air ducts professionally cleaned on a routine basis keeps you, your family, and your home safe. Every year, many homes catch fire due to the ignored build-up of dust and debris collected in the ductwork.
How often should you have your air ducts cleaned? In general, if your household members suffer from allergies or other respiratory issues, your residential air ducts should be cleaned every two years. At the very minimum, you should have your air ducts routinely cleaned by professionals once every five years.
From your furnace vents to your home’s overall duct system, our team takes their time and care to ensure your air ducts are completely free of debris. Whether you’re dealing with an influx of pollen or pet dander, our team of professionals can handle it all.
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® Air Duct Cleaning Services
When you give Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® a call, we will have a professional heating and cooling expert come directly to your home, inspect your system, and offer time tested solutions such as air duct cleaning and air filter installation to keep your home smelling fresh, all while helping everyone who enters your home to breathe easier.
No matter the service you need to be completed, you can rely on our team of trained and certified heating, cooling, and ventilating experts to ensure the breathability and comfortability of your home. Whether it’s been a while since you’ve had your home’s ducts cleaned or this is going to be your first time, we’re confident that our team will provide you with high-quality services and a customer experience to remember.
Experience the difference our team can make for your home, give us a call at (763) 284-8639 or contact us online to request your next residential air duct cleaning service!