Looking for ways to save energy and lower your electricity bill? Take a look at these tips below for ideas. If you need professional help, don’t hesitate to call your Durham heating, AC and insulation pros at Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®. Dial (919) 646-3639 for immediate service.
Every little bit helps – follow these ten steps and you could be saving at least 10% on your energy bills.
- Install CFL’s or LED’s in your lamps, lights and recessed cans.
- Install programmable thermostats and program them properly.
- Insulate the hot water heater.
- Set your hot water heater to 120 degrees.
- Change furnace filters regularly.
- Buy and USE an energy monitor.
- Seal and insulate all attic accesses.
- Install motion sensors for indoor and outdoor lights.
- Install outlet and light switch gaskets.
- Dress warmer or cooler.
Already up-to-speed on the above? Schedule an appointment with GH to find out what other steps you can take to green your home and lower your bills, call (919) 646-3639 today!