Your best bet to keep your air conditioning system in top working order is to call the coil cleaning and repair services experts at Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®. We proudly serve Durham and the surrounding areas. Dial (919) 646-3639 today!
We estimate that we have saved our customers throughout Durham over $2.5 million in their energy bills over the years. You can read some of their testimonials here.
One of the most common causes of air conditioning system malfunction is the buildup of dirt and grime on its condenser coil. Having a clean condenser coil will not only improve the function of your AC system and therefore help it consume less energy; it will also help to prolong its service life. You can rely on the team of experts at Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® to quickly and efficiently clean your coil, and boost the performance of your air conditioning system.
Cleaning air conditioning coils is a job that can be completed by more ambitious homeowners. It should be noted, however, that this task requires the use of some very caustic cleaning solutions. Therefore, care should be taken and protective gloves and eyeglasses should be worn. Additionally, caution should be used when spraying the coils because excessive water pressure could potentially damage them or create splash back of the cleaning solution.
Here are a few step-by-step instructions on how to clean your air conditioner coils.
- Cut off the power to the unit by switching off the appropriate breaker on your electrical panel.
- Remove the outer panel of the condenser unit.
- Thoroughly rinse the coils using a nozzle connected to your garden hose. Be sure to pause frequently to allow the water to drain and prevent the drain pan from overflowing.
- Spray the coils thoroughly with a coil cleaner. We recommend the use of an alkaline-based foamer, which is effective at dissolving the dirt and grime as well as decreasing the surface of the coils.
- Let the solution stand for 15 minutes.
- The thoroughly rinse the coil again with water from your hose. Be sure to remove all of the cleaning solution from the coils. Once again, remember to pause frequently to avoid overflow.
- If possible, use a wet-dry vacuum to remove any water and dirt left remaining in the drain pan.
The job of cleaning the coils in your air conditioning system is not for everyone. Most homeowners prefer to leave it up to a qualified professional. The pros at Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® will be pleased to complete the task quickly, safely and cost effectively.
Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® offers regular service and maintenance plans for your heating and air conditioning systems. These comprehensive visits conducted twice a year include thorough inspection and diagnostics of your systems as well as checking the air conditioning coils to see if they require cleaning. As experts in energy conservation and efficiency, we can prepare a course of action that will help significantly reduce your monthly energy bills. An added benefit of pre-purchasing our service and maintenance plans is that it entitles you to valuable discounts on any repair, service or installation from Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®.
Visit our coupons page for a wide variety of exclusive discounts and savings.
Call Green Horizon One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® at (919) 646-3639today to book an air conditioning coil cleaning and repair appointment for your home or business in Durham and surrounding areas.