Carbon Monoxide Testing
Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, making it hard to detect without the aid of a carbon monoxide detector. This news station conducted an informal study and tested 10 carbon monoxide detectors to see if they would sound off in the presence of this poisonous gas. Shockingly, some did not work. Age was a large contributing factor as some of the detectors in the test were over 14 years old. Fire officials say you should change your carbon monoxide detector at least once every three to five years.
If you show symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning including, headaches, nausea, light-headedness, seek medical attention. For gas leaks and gas leak repairs, do not try and fix them yourself. Always call a professional.