Aeroseal Duct Sealing Services in Minneapolis, MN
Not only do your heating and cooling systems have to work a lot harder when your ducts leak, they also wear out faster. However, thanks to an amazing aerosol duct sealing product called AeroSeal that we offer, we can fix your ducts so that healthy air stays inside and unhealthy air stays out. You’ll not only see an immediate improvement in the comfort of your home and the quality of your air, you’ll also enjoy long-term energy savings.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy and the Electric Power Research Institute, the average home loses as much as 40 percent of the energy generated by its heating and cooling systems due to leaking ducts. When you do the math, that’s an astounding amount of money – up to 40 cents of every dollar you spend on your energy bill – literally disappearing into thin air each month.
That’s why it’s so important that you have One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Ramsey come out and perform AeroSeal duct sealing. Not only will you improve your energy efficiency, your indoor air will be a great deal healthier as well.
How It Works
AeroSeal is a breakthrough duct sealing product that takes care of leaks from the inside out. Its polymers first stick to the edges of a leak and then stick to each other until the leak is completely sealed. You’ll start to enjoy the benefits of this product almost immediately, as the temperature in all your rooms becomes uniform. Those unpleasant fumes and odors you may be experiencing will soon be a thing of the past.
Why You Need It
Leaking ducts not only waste energy, they cause a lot of other problems as well.
These are just a few of them:
- Musty smells
- Rooms that feel too cold or hot
- Too much humidity
- Energy bills that are excessively high
- Excessive dust accumulation
What to Expect
When you call us for your AeroSeal duct cleaning, we’ll take care of it very quickly so that you can get on with your day. Here’s what you can expect when we arrive:
- We’ll cover your wall registers so that air can only escape through whatever leaks are present.
- We will conduct a pre-test to verify leak level prior to sealing.
- We’ll then inject the sealant into your ducts for about an hour.
- Small particles of aerosol will remain suspended by continuous airflow.
- As the stream of air going through your ductwork tries to exit through the leak, AeroSeal polymers will begin to adhere to the edges of the leak. They will continue to stick together until the leak is completely sealed.
- Once your AeroSeal duct sealing is complete, we will perform a computer analysis of the interior of your home or office to verify the process has been a success.
- Homeowners will also be given a certificate of completion to show results.
Reduce Leaks & Save Money
If some rooms in your home are noticeably warmer or colder than others, your duct system may have an unsealed gap. This gap allows treated air to leak into crawlspaces, attics, and interior walls, instead of going where it was originally intended. Your heating or cooling system works hard to treat a large amount of wasted air. This significantly decreases your home’s efficiency, and increases your monthly energy bills.
On average, leaking ducts lose homeowners 30 cents of each dollar spent on heating and cooling. You can get your money’s worth again by blocking the leaks in your duct system. At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Ramsey, we use AeroSeal to combat wasted energy and poor air distribution. This duct sealant material allows us to easily plug any leaks in your duct system. With AeroSeal, we can restore the comfort and efficiency of your home in no time.
Benefits of AeroSeal
Most homeowners know almost nothing about air duct leakage. Because of this, many of them unintentionally waste the work of energy-efficient heating and cooling systems by attaching them to leaking ductwork. No matter how efficiently these systems work, duct leaks keep the treated air from reaching its intended room. Thankfully, our AeroSeal duct sealing services can plug those leaks from the inside out.
When you invest in AeroSeal, you can expect:
- Improved indoor air quality – Leaking ductwork allows unclean air and contaminants into your home. By sealing the leak, you can keep the air that your family breathes clean.
- Improved energy efficiency – A single leak can significantly increase the amount of air supplied to a room. By repairing leaks in your duct system, you can save cooling, heating, and fan energy.
- Consistent temperatures – AeroSeal helps improve the comfort levels of your home by reducing significant differences in temperature between rooms.
Is Duct Cleaning Worth It?
Is duct cleaning worth the effort? Many homeowners face this question. You can ask the following questions to decide on whether or not you should invest in duct cleaning:
- Have you recently renovated your home? If so, dirt may have gotten stuck inside your ducts. In this case, you should invest in duct cleaning.
- Do you suspect that there is mold growing in or around your ductwork? If so, you should definitely clean your ducts.
- Are people in your home getting sick more often? It may be worth it to clean your ducts in order to thoroughly decontaminate your home.
Contact One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Ramsey at (763) 284-8639 if you have questions about the benefits of duct cleaning.
Seal Ductwork from Inside
Are you thinking about sealing your ducts from the inside? Here are some reasons to do so:
- Save on energy. Sealing your ducts can help you increase your HVAC system’s efficiency and save on your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Breathe cleaner air. Sealing your ducts from the inside can contribute to better overall indoor air quality.
- Improve your comfort level. Do some rooms in your home get too hot, while others say too cold? Duct sealing can help deliver more consistent temperatures (and a higher level of comfort!) to your home.
Cost of Air Duct Sealing
Are you considering sealing the air ductwork in your home? If so, you should contact a professional HVAC technician as soon as possible to receive a customized cost estimate.
Here are some factors that can influence the cost of your air duct sealing:
- The size of your home
- The scope of the job
- The location of your home
- Whether you choose a manual or an aerosol system
Regardless of how much your air duct sealing costs, rest assured that you’ll save money in the long run. Air duct sealing will significantly decrease your monthly utility bills! Do you have questions about the cost of air duct sealing? If so, contact One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Ramsey today at F:P:Sub:Phone}!
What Our Customers Have to Say About It
“Yesterday I turned on the a/c for the first time after the Aeroseal process. I am extremely excited to report that it has made a very noticeable improvement in the temperature in my upper half story! I am very, very, very pleased! Before the Aeroseal, the a/c barely made a dent in the temperature and comfort level upstairs. Now, it actually feels air conditioned! I suppose the real verdict will come in when the temperatures outside are consistently hot, so I’ll send another report later. But so far, so good!
Please tell Jamie and Tony that they did a great job and I am very pleased.
Kudos to you for taking on this product. I hope it will be a good business move for you. Whatever I can do to spread the word of its advantages, I’m happy to help. I will be writing an Angie’s List report soon – after we get a few more days of hot weather.”
– Martha Dorow
Contact One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Ramsey today to schedule an AeroSeal duct sealing service appointment. Our trained technicians are ready to help you. Call (763) 284-8639 for more information.