Is Duct Cleaning Worth It?
Families go to great lengths to make their homes comfortable and safe. In addition to regular HVAC maintenance, more homeowners are considering air duct cleaning for the first time to improve indoor air quality and reduce airborne irritants. In our professional opinion, it’s worth it.
If you’re deciding whether to have your air ducts cleaned, get the facts.
What Is Involved with Air Duct Cleaning?
Air duct cleaning involves cleaning all the heating, cooling, and ventilation elements of your home, including:
- Supply and return air ducts
- Heat exchanges and cooling coils
- Air conditioner condensate drain pans (also known as drip pans)
- Heating system fan motors and housing
This service removes airborne irritants that cause allergies and breathing issues. It’s also useful for discovering pests, mold, and mildew, which can be more common in insulated ducts.
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning uses specialized equipment to remove dust and debris from air ducts, plus a detail-orientated process to ensure exceptionally clean vents. The debris is either blown outside through a tightly sealed hose, or is captured in a sealed container, depending on how accessible the nearest window or door is.
The Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
Ask anyone who cleans air ducts, and they’ll tell you that the amount of dust in your vents is surprising. Air duct cleaning can offer several benefits, including:
- Reduced dust circulating in your home
- Reduced allergens and airborne irritants
- Improved airflow and proper ventilation
Why Duct Cleaning Is Necessary
Duct cleaning is yet another tool for keeping your family healthy and happy. You should consider air duct cleaning immediately if:
- You can visibly see or smell mold on the metal surfaces of your air ducts, or elsewhere on your heating or cooling equipment.
- You can see signs of rodent or insect infestation.
- You notice an increase of dust or airborne particle in your home.
- You or someone in your family has severe allergies or a respiratory condition.
How Often Should Air Ducts Be Cleaned?
You should clean your air ducts when visible signs of dirty ducts are present. Otherwise, most homes can go 3 to 5 months in between professional air duct cleanings. Monitor your breathing and any changes in the amount of dust in your home as early signs that you may need duct maintenance.
Is Duct Cleaning a Waste of Money?
Air duct cleaning is an excellent investment for those looking for the best possible indoor air quality. It’s absolutely not a waste of money, as long as it’s not performed too frequently.
Homeowners usually only need to consider air duct cleaning when visible signs of dust buildup are present, if they’ve noticed a change in respiratory or allergy symptoms, or if it’s been several years since the last duct cleaning.
Not all duct cleaning service providers are created equal. Our trained technicians follow industry best practices and use the latest specialized equipment to ensure a thorough cleaning.
Here’s why we stand out:
- We use the best equipment possible to minimize the risk of dust spreading throughout your home.
- We seal doorways and cover fabric to prevent dust from settling or spreading.
- We capture debris in sealed containers.
- We use all access doors and ports to clean the entire system.