Your HVAC system works for you all year in Pelham, so you should do what you can to help it continue running well. If you want reliable service and lower energy bills, maintenance is the magic bullet. Try these simple and effective tips for keeping your HVAC equipment in top condition.
Heating and Cooling Maintenance for Spring and Summer in Pelham, AL
- Inspect your filters monthly, and replace them every 30 to 90 days.
- Call One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating® of Birmingham to schedule a spring tuneup for your HVAC equipment.
- Keep the outdoor unit clear from leaves and debris. Make sure there’s plenty of space between shrubs and your HVAC system to encourage optimal airflow.
- Carefully hose down the HVAC compressor to remove pollen, dust and grass clippings.
- To avoid high energy bills, set your thermostat to 78 degrees when you’re home, and turn it back to 82 when you leave.
Fall and Winter HVAC Maintenance
- Safety is important for all fuel-burning equipment. Have your furnace or heat pump serviced every fall.
- During tune-ups, we inspect the heat exchanger, burners, fuel lines, valves and vent pipe. We’ll also clean and adjust the mechanical components.
- When daylight saving time ends, and you’re re-setting the time on your clocks, test your carbon monoxide detector, and replace the batteries in your thermostat.
- Move items away from your furnace and blower. Make sure that all of the registers are open and free from obstructions.
- For optimal comfort, keep your thermostat between 62 and 68 degrees in the winter.
Scheduling Heating and Cooling Maintenance in Pelham, AL
If you’re ready to schedule a seasonal tune-up for your home in Pelham, AL, call us, or use our website to reach us and schedule an appointment.