Many homes have issues when it comes to keeping an even temperature when heating or cooling. And if you’ve ever experienced uneven heat, it can be quite uncomfortable. Think about how frustrating it can be to feel cold in one room and hot in another, all while trying to figure out the best temperature settings.
We understand how important it is to have a heating system you can rely on. We’ll explain some common causes of uneven heat and provide some tips on how to improve the heating consistency in your home.
Causes of Uneven Heat
There are many causes of uneven heat, including:
- Blocked or clogged air registers
- Airflow problems
- Clogged or dirty air filter
- Inefficient insulation
- Incorrect air filter size or MERV
- Improperly sized HVAC system
- Leaky or poorly-installed ductwork
How to Fix Uneven Heat
There are some ways in which you can improve the consistency of heating and cooling in your home.
- Inspect the air registers and make sure they are in the open position. Clear away any dirt or debris by vacuuming and wiping them down with a cloth. Make sure that nothing is blocking the vents such as furniture or drapes.
- Change your air filter regularly. A good rule of thumb is to change your air filter monthly or as necessary for your type of air filter. Make sure you’ve chosen the correct size and type of air filter for your system as it could be the cause of poor airflow.
- Consider installing a multi-zone system so you can control heating and cooling settings in different areas of your home.
- Get the underlying problems fixed. If heating inconsistency in your home is due to an improperly sized HVAC system or leaky ductwork, the issue needs to be fixed by a professional HVAC technician.
Heating Services in Chattanooga
One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning provides prompt and professional HVAC services in Chattanooga. No matter what your need, our pros are available to assist you any time of day. Contact One Hour Air for HVAC services today. Your comfort is just a call away!