Ongoing air conditioner maintenance and air conditioner repair are important for your efficient-running unit. However, air conditioner inspection is also necessary to ensure good indoor air quality. Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® is your premier air conditioner company because we are experts in the business.
Even in the case of a new air conditioner, to save money and avoid unnecessary air conditioner repair, our technicians should be called to conduct your air conditioner inspection. They will:
- Inspect the ductwork, which includes making sure the duct tape or sealant is in place, check the fittings near the seam for escaping air and examine the material for dents, torn or collapsing effects.
- Inspect the compressor and tubing to see if they are clear of debris, such as leaves, trees, vines and shrubs.
- Inspect the fan blades for wear and tear, rust and defects, and oil or replace them as necessary.
- Check the coolant level and ensure there are no leaks.
- Check the flue pipes, which get rid of carbon monoxide.
- Check the air filters to make sure they are clean and not worn out.
- Examine the grills and registers for dust, dirt and other loose particles. Open and close registers to see if they work and that the vents are not covered up.
- Inspect the condenser fins for straightness and no damage, and level them if needed.
- Inspect the thermostat by removing the cover to expose and remove any dust and dirt buildup.
- Check the air handler and heat pump for proper air conditioning.
The job of air conditioner maintenance is very detailed when it is professionally done. It entails a lot of behind-the-scene observations. This is because some sections are not visible and are only accessible with trained knowledge and proper tools. Hopkins air conditioner company is the one to call for a thorough air conditioner inspection. At Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®, we specialize in doing everything right. Call us today at (763) 284-8639 for all your air conditioner needs.