Uh oh, is your air conditioner on the fritz? This is one of those things that simply needs to work, no matter what! In the hot heat of summer, you definitely can’t afford to have a malfunctioning AC. If your central air conditioner isn’t working, here are some troubleshooting tips to help get you through:
- Reset the equipment’s switches, or check the main electrical panel for a blown fuse or tripped breaker.
- Check the thermostat settings. You could also remove the thermostat’s cover after turning off the power, replace the batteries, and make sure all wiring is secure.
- Turn off the power, and turn it back on. You could also check the main electrical panel and any secondary panels
- Clean the condensate drain.
- Change or clean the filters. It’s very likely that your air conditioner’s filters are simply clogged with debris. Check to ensure that they’re clean, and in the future, make sure that you are cleaning them out at least once per month.
It’s important to keep in mind that there are several things that can go wrong with your air conditioner. But, knowing what signs to look for can make all the difference. When you’re knowledgeable about the most common reasons for AC repair, and you know some simple troubleshooting tips, you can effectively prevent costly repairs from happening.
Do you have further questions about troubleshooting tips for common air conditioning repair problems? If you would like professional assistance or have questions, don’t hesitate to contact Northern's One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning®. Call us to learn more about our top-quality air conditioning services. We’re always happy to offer our assistance, help you schedule a consultation, or tell you more about our services. We look forward to speaking with you soon! Contact us today to find out more.