This summer, more than ever, households across the country are looking to cut costs. For many, that may mean looking at their HVAC system to see where they can hack out some expenses.
If you’re looking to keep cool this summer while saving money, we’ve got some tips for you!
- Clean your air filtersregularly – You can lower your energy use 5-15% by replacing dirty or clogged filters.
- Be sure to schedule maintenanceon your air conditioner – Regular maintenance will help identify the smaller problems before they become big ones. It can also help ensure that your system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Consider a programmable thermostat– These modern thermostats have the ability to help you save money on your electric bill and conserve energy.
- Use ceiling fans – The ceiling fans in your home will help cool you off and reduce the amount you use your A/C.
- Seal your ducts – Leaking ducts can account for about 30% of your AC system’s energy use.
Contact the professionals at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning today for help with making sure you’re keeping your HVAC system as efficient as possible, so you can keep some extra cash in your pockets.