Geothermal heating and cooling provide all of the comfort of a traditional HVAC system but without the traditional maintenance efforts needed to keep them running in top condition. The principle behind how these systems work is somewhat similar to how tree roots provide energy to leaves and branches. At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Charlotte, we can provide you with geothermal heating and air conditioning that will give you long-term, reliable performance.
HOW GEOTHERMAL HEATING AND GEOTHERMAL COOLING WORK
Geothermal heat and air conditioning take advantage of the fact that while the surface temperature of the ground outside your home may fluctuate, deep underground the temperatures don’t change nearly as dramatically. A mere four to six feet under the ground, the temperature remains fairly constant 12 months a year. Geothermal systems typically consist of an indoor handling unit and buried pipes, using what is known as an “earth loop” to heat and cool your home. Fluid inside the pipes absorb stored heat in the colder months and carry that heat indoors. The inside handler then compresses the heat to raise the temperature and distributes it throughout a home. During the warmer months, the process works in reverse.
BENEFITS OF GEOTHERMAL HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEMS
These are just a few of the reasons that you should consider geothermal heat and air conditioning systems for your home.
- Geothermal systems use a fraction of the electricity needed by traditional HVAC systems.
- The earth loops don’t require a great deal of space. In fact, in some cases they only take up a few square feet of property.
- Geothermal systems run very quietly and can last for several decades.
- They are powerful enough to handle multiple loads at the same time, so they can heat your water, your pool and your home simultaneously.
- Federal and local tax incentives, in conjunction with new installation practices, are helping to make geothermal systems comparable in price with traditional HVAC systems.
Find out more about how going green, using geothermal heating and air conditioning, heat pumps, and installing solar heating and cooling can bring you a higher level of comfort and substantial energy savings over the long run. Give us a call at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Charlotte at (704) 703-4220 or contact us online and we’ll be happy to answer all of your questions.