In the midst of the Christmas season, families and friends will be traveling from near and far to celebrate with each other and enjoy company as 2014 comes to a close. From fireplaces to space heaters, keeping you and your loved ones warm is essential for any family gathering this time of year, and One Hour wants to help ensure that you’re using heating equipment properly to avoid potential fire hazards.

For example, failure to clean chimneys and vents could cause the system to work inefficiently and could even cause a fire. Ensure your fireplace is properly cleaned before you use it –whether it’s to stay warm or to create a special ambiance for a holiday celebration.

Also, if you typically use your fireplace as a garbage disposal, consider using a trash bag instead. While it may seem harmless to throw wrapping paper, tissue paper and excess ribbon in the fireplace, those items can very quickly catch fire and result in a dangerous “flash fire.”

If you must use a space heater, remember that other devices or flammable materials should be kept at least three feet away from it. Be sure to read all of the instructions that come with the heater, improper use can lead to electrical failure and the beginning of a house fire.

Throughout the month of December One Hour is offering furnace precision tune-ups for $59. These tune-ups come with a free safety inspection of your furnace. This will help you keep your family safe, warm and happy this holiday season. Please call (816) 354-1077  or visit our coupons page for additional details and to schedule an appointment with a Lee’s Summit area furnace expert.

Better yet, join our Comfort Club for regular bi-annual maintenance and additional savings and perks. It’s the best value in Kansas City!