According to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA) Report, the home remodeling market is expected to see double digit gains in the first half of 2014, which could mean that many homeowners like yourself will have a reason to get busy during National Home Improvement Month in May. Now is a good time if you’ve delayed making home improvements to start tackling upgrade projects to help your home remain on par with others in your neighborhood.
One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Lee's Summit tackles HVAC renovations year-round and has advice on these upgrades to consider:
- For homeowners in an older home, consider replacing the windows. This could yield a 75 – 80% return on investment and likely improve heating and cooling efficiency, saving money on utility bills.
- Replacing the entry door is another popular trend for 2014, and one that could drastically change the look of a home. (Steel doors are all the rage.)
- Install a programmable thermostat for a simple upgrade, if there’s not one already. According to Energy Star, it can help save up to $180 every year in energy costs.
- Replacing an old air conditioning system (one a SEER rating of less than 8 or one older than 10 years old) with a new, more energy efficient system (SEER rating of at least 13) could help save money and add value to a home.
- For the person prone to allergies, consider installing an OxyQuantum LED or MicroPower Guard as part of the heating system. This can help kill and control the live mold spores. Additionally, One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® Indoor Air Quality experts can convert your heating and cooling system into a whole house Air Treatment Center.
In celebration of National Home Improvement Month, One Hour is offering a free furnace with the purchase of a 16 SEER air conditioner package throughout May. Please call (816) 354-1077 for additional details or to schedule an appointment with a Lee’s Summit area technician.