Today’s families spend many hours indoors in their homes. Breathing in air of a poor quality is a leading contributor to allergy symptoms such as sneezing, stuffy noses, and itchy eyes. By making amends to the indoor environment with assistance from our home comfort specialists at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of the Bay Area, you could reduce your seasonal allergies and enjoy healthier air.
How Air Quality Impacts Indoor Allergies
There are many ways that the quality of the air in your home can result in allergy symptoms:
- Dirty air filters allow dust, pet dander, and mold spores to enter your living spaces.
- Dirty air ducts result in dust and debris blown through your home every time the air conditioner or heating system cycles.
- Daily activities such as showering, cooking, or cleaning can release mold spores and dust into the air.
How to Reduce Indoor Allergy Symptoms
Fortunately, you and your family do not have to continue to suffer from seasonal allergy symptoms caused by poor indoor air quality. To find relief from symptoms, consider:
- Professional air duct cleaning. This process involves the use of a high powered vacuum that we attach to the air vent openings throughout your home. The suction withdraws all the built up dust, pet dander, pollen, and other allergens and removes them from your home.
- Replacing the air filter in your heating and cooling system every 90 days or more frequently.
- Installation of a built-in dehumidifier reduces or even eliminates the proliferation of mold spores.
- Scheduling regular air conditioner maintenance to ensure the system is clean and performing optimally.
With professional heating, ventilation, and air conditioning services, your home can go from having unhealthy air to being a fresh haven of pure and clean air. As your Bay area air conditioner company, we are able to identify the sources of allergens within your home and work to eliminate them.
For more information, call One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of the Bay Area today at (707) 600-6671.