Air conditioners work overtime in the California heat, so it is no surprise that they break every now and again. As a homeowner, this may catch you unprepared. At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of the Bay Area, we make it our business to know how to fix a broken air conditioner so our clients can enjoy sweet, cool breezes during the hot, humid summer months in Santa Rosa. We also know the value of maintaining air conditioners in a preemptive move to decrease instances of sudden breakdowns.
Extend Your AC’s Lifetime
The average life span of an air conditioner is 15 years. To ensure that your air conditioner lasts as long as possible, you can employ the following tips:
- Keep the unit clear of brush or debris.
- Cool the AC unit itself by planting shrubs or small trees in a way that allows air flow to the unit while still blocking the sun at all hours of the day.
- Have the unit cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that the filters are changed regularly.
- Keep furniture away from cooling vents to allow for proper air circulation.
Install a Thermostat
One of the most efficient ways to save money, while extending the life of your air conditioner, is to have a programmable thermostat installed. This will reduce the amount of work your AC must perform by allowing you to only cool your home while you are there. Additionally, you should have your AC regularly serviced by workers who know how to fix a broken air conditioner. Because they know what is likely to break first, they can take extra precautions to ensure that your AC is always in working order.
At One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of the Bay Area, a premier Santa Rosa CA AC repair location, we know how to fix a broken air conditioner so you don’t have to. Contact us for more information.