Can you believe the Green Bay Packers have already played their first game of the 2019 season? Football is officially back, and with this great time of year comes everyone's favorite pre-game tradition: tailgating!
A football tradition that dates back 158 years, tailgating has always been seen as one of the greatest American traditions the country has to offer. With one of the richest histories the NFL has to offer, it's no secret why Cheeseheads love to get their party on before their Packers kickoff!
Because we love football and all the fun events that come with it just as much as the next fan, our team at One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Greenbay compiled a list of places to pick up tailgating foods in the Green Bay area. Whether we're talking about a gourmet restaurant, a popular farmer's market, or your local grocery store, you're sure to be the hero every party needs after arriving with a delicious dish from one of these destinations!
- Downtown Appleton Farm Market: A year-round farmer's market that moves inside at the start of November, the Downtown Appleton Farm Market, located on W. College Avenue in Appleton, WI, is the premier location for all the best produce all season long. With over 150 vendors present weekly, you're bound to find something fresh that you can use in your tailgating contribution. If your dish calls for any fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, bread, or baked goods, there's a good chance you'll find what you're looking for in Appleton!
- Van Abel's of Hollandtown: Looking to bring that feeling of family with you to the game? Choose Van Abel's catering services, located in Kaukauna, WI, to bring a home-cooked meal with you anywhere you go. With the best sandwiches, salads, and tailgate foods in the area, you can fuel up better than ever before a day of pure excitement.
- Carmella's Bistro: If you want some good pasta dishes to help fill up your squad, look no further than Carmella's catering in Appleton. Carmella's works with customers to create the perfect catering menu, ensuring that your tailgate is the best – and tastiest – that it can possibly be.
- Festival Foods: Festival Foods is the best place to find the perfect recipes and ingredients for awesome tailgating food. With a click-and-go online service, you can choose all of the ingredients you'll need a la cart and schedule delivery around your schedule. And, for a limited time, you can also win an MVP-deck experience at a Packers game! How's that for some double-dipping?
- Maplewood Meats: Nothing screams "Packer's tailgate" like a good bratwurst. Brats are something of a Wisconsin tailgating staple, and you'll find no better than brats from Maplewood Meats. Maplewood Meats, located in Green Bay, Wisconsin, provides both e-shop and pick-up options that make shopping easy and convenient for customers. With tons of options to choose from – including bacon, hams, and sausages – you'll never face a shortage of options for the ultimate tailgating experience.
What are some of your favorite tailgating dishes? Catering services? Locations? We want to hear from you. Comment on this post (or on our Facebook page), and we'll choose three lucky winners to receive a free air filter, courtesy of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning® of Greenbay!
For more information on how you can keep your family warm and safe throughout football season, call (920) 294-1263, or visit us online.